I have been blessed to be here for these last few days of my Mother's life. To be able to serve her and care for her has indeed been a pleasure. I have felt closer to her and to my Heavenly Father because of this experience. Karen and I have spent the last two nights with her and have had several spiritual experience. Some are too special to share, others I will try to share here.
Mom loves to have her hair combed and has always taken such good care making sure her hair always looks good. She was telling Wally that she needed her hair done. Karen and I brought the curling iron to curl her hair. They have a cap that we could put on her and message her head while it cleans her hair. She kept saying that it felt so good so we spent several minutes doing it. We then curled her hair and brushed it. Everyone who has come in since tells her how pretty she looks and how nice her hair looks. I know that means a lot to her. We have taken every opportunity to comb her hair that we have.
Most of the time she will hold our hand but there have been times when she will pull it away. A little later she will tell us that Dad had been there taking care of her. I'm sure he was holding her hand at those times. She tells us that Dad is going to come and get her and take her dancing.
One night it was completely dark in the room and Mom told us it was a quarter to ten. We know she can't see in the dark and we couldn't see the clock and had to check our cell phones to check the time and it was 9:45. I know for a fact that for that short time she was seeing out of perfected eyes.
She will stare up towards the ceiling and we know the vail is very thin. She has said many times that there are so many people waiting for her and that she will have to get acquainted with them all again. She has named all her brothers and sisters by name and I know she is looking forward to being with them all again.
It's been great being here with my siblings and sharing memories with each other. They are a great source of strength for me. I have been blessed with such caring and loving brothers and sisters.
I pray that the remaining time left here will be comfortable and will pass quickly.
3 comments:
Mom, I am so glad that you have been able to be here for your mom the past few days! It's been a blessing for me to watch you and your siblings take care of your mom. There were many tender moments the last few days. I am grateful that you and your siblings get a long so well and enjoy being with one another. Grandma is a special woman and I am sad to see her go but I know that the Lord is proud of the life she has lived. It will be a joyous reunion!
I am so happy you could be there with your mom. I know it must be such a bittersweet time for you. I have enjoyed hearing your experiences and sharing in the time even though I am so far away. We love you. We love grandma. You are already carrying on her legacy.
It was a good experience for me and my family to make the trip to see Grandma.
Post a Comment