







I brought Keith Shumaker with me in the Armed Forces Day parade and our neighbor Dennis with me in the Viking Fest parade. As you can see, the weather was outstanding and we had a great time. They both said how much fun they had and they were glad I invited them along. Dennis had never ridden in a Corvette before so that was a highlight for him. I asked Keith if he wanted to drive my car and he declined twice; being content to ride was enough for him, I guess. A little boy about Samuel's age said he liked my car so I asked him if he wanted to sit in it and he said "YES!". His mother was so grateful I offered him that opportunity and I told her I was glad to do it and I wished someone would've done that for me when I was his age. The next parade I'm in is in Kingston on the 4th of July and then it's Whaling Days the Saturday before our reunion. If any of you are here for that parade plan to ride with me. We went to Scenic Beach for dinner tonight and then stopped at Red Box to rent a movie. It was a terrific day!
2 comments:
That does sound like a great day...and you blogged about it on the same day! I am so proud of you! That was so nice that you let hte little boy sit in your car. I am sure it was a highlight for him. The weather does look wonderful there.
WOW! A post the same day of the event! You guys are getting good! :) The weather looks absolutely beautiful. It's days like that that I LOVE Washington. I'm glad you were able to drive in the parades!
Post a Comment