
My Primary class had sharing time today. Since we have been talking about Baptism and the Holy Ghost we decided to play Baptism Bingo. Dad helped me by formating the bingo cards and I typed the words on the cards. I was trying to figure out what to use as markers because I knew if I handed the children beans they would probably end up on the floor. I finally came up with the idea of Skittles. So I put a few Skittles in a baggie for each of the children and told them they could eat them afterward. Believe it or not, not one Skittle was on the floor when it came time to clean up. I then gave them a smiley face key ring, (Jen, the ones you gave me) and told them to hook it on their back pack to remind them that when they keep their baptismal covenants and listen to the Holy Ghost they will be happy. We had time to play 3 games and it was quiet enough at times to hear a pin drop. I call that success. I love teaching Primary!
2 comments:
That's awesome! I will have to use this idea when I do sharing time next month! I'm not sure what my topic is yet but I'll have to use it! Thanks for sending it to me. I'm glad it turned out so well!
That sounds like such a great idea. I am glad it turned out so well. The primary kids are blessed to have you as a teacher. Thanks for your example and dad's, of always serving and magnifying your callings. I have been thinking a lot this weekend about how blessed I am to have been raised by faithful parents. It has made all the difference in my life and the life of our children. The thought came to me the other day of, "Where would i really be in life if I wasn't rasied in the church?" And then the thought, "I can't even imagine life without the gospel." It truly has been a blessing in my life. Even in the rough spots there has always been hope and an understanding of my divine nature. Thank you for raising us in the gospel and helping us understand that true joy only comes from obedience. I am so grateful I can say as Nephi, "I have been born of goodly parents."
Post a Comment