I've learned one thing, Grandma is the same even as weak as she is. She is still concerned about everyone and wanting to take care of us all. She was worried that we were hungry and wanted to make sure the three of us were going out to dinner. So I told her ok as long as she didn't get up and run away. In her weak, raspy voice she said "I can't I got too many tubes tying me down." She told us several times that she wouldn't run away while we went out to dinner. She was supposed to rest but had many visitors while we were at dinner. She enjoyed their visits even though she's tired. Her bishop gave her a blessing while he was here visiting.
Just before 8 she sent Craig to the house to get some sleep (8 o'clock is his bedtime). She kind of dozed off and on while Alanna and I sat in the chairs and visited. About 10 o'clock she woke up and told me that we needed to go home and get some rest. I told her that we were going to stay here with her tonight and take care of her and wouldn't she be able to sleep knowing we were here. She said "NO! I won't sleep if you are here. You need to sleep at the house." She was concerned that we were going to have to sit up in a chair all night. We had to show her that they brought in a second recliner and that we could both stretch out. Then she was ok with it and is resting comfortably now.
3 comments:
Take care of yourself and give your mom a hug from me to let her know I love her, too. Dad
I don't know how you are continuing on. Thanks for the update. I checked first thing this morning but just didn't leave a comment. Between reading your post adn Alanna's I was in tears. Grandma is an amazing woman. I admire so much about her. How blessed we have all been to call her grandma. Give her a hug from me.
Sharon... I just saw the comment on Alanna's Facebook last night. I don't know where this is headed, but please know we're thinking of you. I hope your mom is comfortable. So nice that Alanna can be there with you. She's such a loyal support.
We'll keep our ear to the ground and keep you in our prayers.
Kathy
Post a Comment