Last Sat. night Dad and I were coming home about 11:45 PM and it was snowing. That's the beginning of the Arctic freeze we have been experiencing. We just got a skiff of snow with that storm. Then Wed. it warmed up enough to melt that snow, however that didn't last very long. Through the early morning hours on Thur. we got about 3 inches of snow. Since I live the closest to work I went in and worked until about 1:15 PM. I could only get up the hill as far as the Spurlocks' home. Dad was my knight in shinning armor and walked, or should I say slipped and slid down, to rescue me. He put the chains on and we continued up the hill. Fri. Dad took me down the hill to work where he took off the chains because the main roads had been plowed and sanded. He went to the range as range officer and came back to pick me up about 1:30 PM so I could make a deposit and returned to the hill to once again put on chains to get back home. Yesterday we needed the chains to get down the hill but they came and sanded it so we could get back up without the chains. The forecast was that on Sat. and Sun. another storm would hit with lots of cold weather, snow and high winds. They said the storm we got Thurs. morning was just a dusting compared to what we would be getting. So while I could I went out and did a little shopping. Then we came home and braced for the storm that was forecast. It started to snow about 2 PM and I'm not sure it has stopped since then. We now have at least 7-8 inches and it's still snowing. Needless to say church was cancelled today. We are supposed to get snow all day today and tonight. Then again on Wed-Fri. If it wasn't Christmas time and family coming I would be OK with it. It worries me with family driving and flying here. The temperature hasn't been above freezing for a week now and the lows have been in the low teens. BURRRRRRR It's cold for here. Enjoy the pictures. That's the best way to enjoy snow. Spring if you still have it in with Mother Nature ask her to turn off the snow, we've had enough. :)
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Winter Wonderland
Last Sat. night Dad and I were coming home about 11:45 PM and it was snowing. That's the beginning of the Arctic freeze we have been experiencing. We just got a skiff of snow with that storm. Then Wed. it warmed up enough to melt that snow, however that didn't last very long. Through the early morning hours on Thur. we got about 3 inches of snow. Since I live the closest to work I went in and worked until about 1:15 PM. I could only get up the hill as far as the Spurlocks' home. Dad was my knight in shinning armor and walked, or should I say slipped and slid down, to rescue me. He put the chains on and we continued up the hill. Fri. Dad took me down the hill to work where he took off the chains because the main roads had been plowed and sanded. He went to the range as range officer and came back to pick me up about 1:30 PM so I could make a deposit and returned to the hill to once again put on chains to get back home. Yesterday we needed the chains to get down the hill but they came and sanded it so we could get back up without the chains. The forecast was that on Sat. and Sun. another storm would hit with lots of cold weather, snow and high winds. They said the storm we got Thurs. morning was just a dusting compared to what we would be getting. So while I could I went out and did a little shopping. Then we came home and braced for the storm that was forecast. It started to snow about 2 PM and I'm not sure it has stopped since then. We now have at least 7-8 inches and it's still snowing. Needless to say church was cancelled today. We are supposed to get snow all day today and tonight. Then again on Wed-Fri. If it wasn't Christmas time and family coming I would be OK with it. It worries me with family driving and flying here. The temperature hasn't been above freezing for a week now and the lows have been in the low teens. BURRRRRRR It's cold for here. Enjoy the pictures. That's the best way to enjoy snow. Spring if you still have it in with Mother Nature ask her to turn off the snow, we've had enough. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! That is a lot of snow. I sure hope it holds off enough for family to get through. Spring willlove the pics...I'll show her when she wakes up. KEep warm!
YUCK! That's all I can say. I used to enjoy it in WA, when I was a kid, but it's not so much fun as an adult.
Post a Comment