Thursday, September 25, 2008

Teaching an "Old Dog" New Tricks

I started learning how to do Federal Taxes with an Income Tax business (six hours per week AND HOMEWORK) with an unofficial promise to be hired after sucessful completion of the course. I'm also taking a 30-hour driver training course at night (not including HOMEWORK and 10 drives in addition to several "ride alongs"). The CKSD also interviewed me for the substitute bus driver position but their 40-hour week-long course couldn't be scheduled into my already busy schedule so they want me to call them back after the first of the year if I'm still interested in working for them. It went from famine to feast with my job prospects so my home projects will have to wait awhile or I will have less time to do what I want to do.

3 comments:

Powell Family said...

I'm glad you're able to fill your day with that many activities. Did you have too many things on your "Honey-Do" list so you thought you'd get a job to avoid it? I'm just joking. O know you enjoy doing those things. I'm glad things are going good for you. Just think... you could possibly have three jobs after the first of the year. That would be enought to keep you busy, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

sounds like you will be keeping busy! Don't get so busy you can't keep up on the football statistics or it might affect your betting skills.

Our Biggs Family said...

That is great that you have all those prospects. So, which is your favorite at this point? You will have to keep us posted!