Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thomas' Baptism


We had plans to leave Thursday morning to drive with Brandon & Heather to Jen and Joel's. Thomas' baptism was scheduled for Saturday at 10:00 AM. On Wed. about 3:30 PM, Mike came into the office and told me I should soon leave because they would be closing I-5 by midnight due to the heavy rain and flooding. I hurried home and packed our things. We had to wait for Gary to get home from the dentist, so we ended up leaving about 5:00. By this time they had predicted I-5 to be closed by 10:00 PM. We were in hopes to get past Chehalis before the road closed. We were just outside of Lacy when Mike called asking where we were. He had just heard that I-5 was already closed. We checked to see if we could go Hwy. 101 but it was closed as well. Our only option was to turn around and go back home in hopes that the road would be opened soon. Thursday morning Jen called me at work to tell me she had found tickets to fly to Fresno for about $130. That's pretty unbelievable since it was such short notice. Jen booked them for us and we went to SeaTac as soon as I got off work to stay at a motel so we could leave our car parked there until Monday when we return home. The plane left at 5:10 AM and we flew to Phoneix, AZ. and then onto Fresno. We have been very blessed that things fell into place like it did for us to be able to be here for Thomas' special day. I am convinced that Lord played a part in the events that got us here.
Saturday morning Thomas looked so happy as he was preparing to go to the church for his baptism. He was so excited that he even had a hard time sleeping. He played the piano for his own baptism which is pretty impressive. He had arranged his program pretty much by himself. His Aunt Alanna said the opening prayer, I gave the talk on baptism, Grandma Biggs gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, both of his Grandpa's were witnesses. His Dad conducted and baptised him. His Aunt Tami lead the music and Spring said the closing prayer. It was such a special event to watch our oldest Grandchild being baptised. He is such an example and it is clear that he already has a testimony of right and wrong and tries hard to make right choices. He has shared the gospel many times to neighbors and friends. I know he will continue to grow strong in the gospel.

1 comment:

Our Biggs Family said...

It has been so great to have you here. We are grateful you were able to get a flight and so willing to come share in his special day. You did a great job on the talk too!