Saturday, January 31, 2009
The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas
We went to the movie last night and saw, "The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas." It is one of the most powerful movies I have seen in a long time. I'm glad I saw it but I don't think I want to see it again. It takes place at a consentration camp in Germany during Hitler's rule. A German solider moves his family to run the camp, although his family is unaware of his role. The family is isolated and their 8 year old boy has no friends. He see's the camp from his bedroom window and asks why the children are wearing pajamas. No one really answers his questions which makes him even more curious. He ends up befriending another eight year old boy who is in the camp through the barbwire, electrical fence. It shows how the children were brainwashed through the education they receive that the Jews are bad people. The final sceen is very powerful. I recommend seeing it just as a reminder that the Holacust did happen and what hatred can do to people. It is not a movie you feel good after seeing it. However I think those who see it can become better people by seeing what hatred and deceit can do to people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that sounds like a powerful movie. I got goosebumps just reading your post about it. Maybe we will have to try to rent it when it comes to video. It sounds like something that we should watch and learn from.
Post a Comment