![]() |
| snakes |
Saturday, January 19, 2008
MY GRANDCHILDREN, BLESS THEIR HEARTS!
Spring had called me a few days ago and said that she was going to send me a box and that I needed to call her as soon as I got it. Thomas also called and said they had sent a box for me, he was pretty excited about it. A couple days later Spring said she had sent her other Grandma a snake in the mail. I laughed with her and she finally said she was teasing. I didn't think much more about it until last night when I saw the mail. There was a package from Thomas and Spring. I figured it was something they had made for me. I opened it, totally trusting them. As I opened the box a rubber snake popped out. Of course I screamed and then laughed. They really caught me off guard. I called and left a message on their phone. I called them again this morning and we had a good laugh. I told Spring I would send her spiders in the m,ail. She asked me if they would be real, I said yes. Then she told me she didn't like spiders, not even fake ones. I told her I really wouldn't send her spiders. I was going to tell Thomas that I would send somethiong to him that would make a loud noise as soon as he opened it, but he was busy playing and had to get back to more important things. So Thomas, you'll never know if I'll send you something that will make a really big noise when you open it or not. You both better be careful when you open a package from me. (not really, but I'll tease you about it) You can tell you are your Mother's children. I love you inspite of being scared to death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I loved the pictures and your blog entry. The kids were so proud of that package that they sent you. Spring told me all about it today when I talked to her. Jen's famous words that are often repeated by her children: "just trust me."
Hey, I had nothing to do with it! I will have to show this to the kids when they wake up. I am sure they will get a kick out of it. I am glad you didn't think it was something to be worried about so the reaction was so good. Sammy still will find snakes and run around with them saying, "Gapa" (which means grandma or grandpa). If I ask him if grandma likes snakes he smiles BIG, nods his head, and says "Yes." Just wait till he gets a little older and then you will really be in for it!
Post a Comment