Monday, January 28, 2008

34th wedding anniversary

For our 34th anniversary we went to a houseboat for a few days. It was in Brinnon, WA. Brinnon is a little, (I mean little) town past Quilcene. The house boats were located at a marina. We spent 2 nights there. On Tue. we drove around the area and went to the Duckabush National Forest and saw the Rocky Brook Water Fall. It was amazing! I think it was the most beautiful water fall I have ever seen. It was really cold and there was ice all around. At times the drift wood and rocks were pretty slippery. But was indeed worth the short hike to get there. We also walked around a garden and nursery. It was calm and peaceful. I'm sure it is beautiful in the summer when the plants are all in bloom. We saw a couple of plants we would like to get for our yard later this spring. There wasn't much to do there but spend time together. We watched a few movies, read, relaxed and visited. The house boat was equiped with a microwave and a small refrigerator. So we took all our food and fixed simple meals. It also had a spa in the room. It was just a special relaxing few days. It is something we would like to do again in the future.
Houseboat

2 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

The pictures are really nice. It looks beautiful. What a great thing to be able to do together. I am so glad you take the time to do things together.

Anonymous said...

I loved your pictures. It is so neat to see that after all your hard work raising us kids that now you two have time to spend together with just each other. I also love the street name. Washington is known for their crazy street names! :)