Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm doing it without help!

I'm at work and it's slow, so I decided to see if I could actually add things without help. Hopefully it works. Yesterday we had a huge wind and rain storm. Our internet here at work went down about 3:30 and at 4:30 we lost power and phones. So i closed the office. The power was off all over and I didn't expect to have power at home, but we did. AMAZING since we lost power twice this summer for no apparent reason. There were trees and branches down all over. As I turned to go up the hill a big branch was half way over the hill. I was sure glad it didn't cover the complete road or I would have had to walk up the hill. It wasn't far from where Dad parks his truck. He was lucky it didn't hit the truck. Today it's been pouring down rain and thundering and lightening. Right now it's just dark and cloudy. Winter weather is already here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome..not about the storm, but your post. See, I had no doubt you could do this. I can't believe that weather. I am glad that the tree didn't hit dad's truck. It is supposed to rain here this weekend too...hopefully after THomas' game and after Joel gets home from his campout. Keep the posts coming!

Anonymous said...

Good job mom! I need to add some new posts this weekend. That's crazy about the storm. We are supposed to get snow in the valley again tomrrow afternoon. My kids were pretty good today. Actually, both classes really stayed focused during the Friday activity.

Anonymous said...

Is your weather any better? It is raining now so Joel is getting wet at the campout. Hopefully no rain for the game...they won't cancel the older kids and I don't want to get wet!!! Love you!

Powell Family said...

Congrats Mom!!! That's cool about the storm. I love storms. I remember when we would stay up and play games as a family using the hurricane lamps. Maybe I'll have that chance to do that with my family sometime in the future.

Powell Family said...

Nice work! My mom can't even seem to get on our site so you're way ahead of her!
-Heather