It's been a while since I took time to blog so I decided I'd better catch up.
OCT. in Utah with Kim and Alanna
I was able to go visit Kim and Alanna for a few days. I spent one day in school with Alanna helping test the students with reading. We also went to Park City shopping at the outlets. I found some good bargains on some blouses and shoes. We also made a fall wreath. I enjoyed the time I had with her. On Friday night Kim came and the 3 of us girls spent the night in a motel playing games and visiting. On Sat. we went to Gardner's Village and laughed at the witches that were out for Halloween. We enjoyed looking through the shops and reminiscing about the last time we were there. Jen & Mary, Grandma and Karen were with us. We missed having them there with us. When we had gone through all the shops Alanna asked if we were ready to leave, I told her no that there were lots more shops to go through. She informed me that we had gone through them all. We laughed because it didn't take us nearly as long as before because Grandma had to look at everything and moved a bit slower than we did. We thought about how Mary had just been a baby and how we all enjoyed holding her as we looked around. I shed a few tears for Grandma and had a few laughs as we talked about how much she loved being there. I'm so thankful for the memories I have of her and the memories I am hopefully making with my children. Afterward we went to see the movie, "The Help." It is an excellent movie and book. Then I went to spend a couple days with Kim. I was able to go to church with them and spent time in the nursery as Kim was there for her calling. We got some kitchen curtains and got them hung and had a good time shopping, watching movies and playing games together. I had a great time with each of them.
Halloween with Isaac and Lydia
Heather asked me if I would make Isaac and Lydia's halloween costumes. They wanted to be Gnomeo and Juliet. Since we couldn't find a pattern I made one up. We decided to use felt and velcro. They were really easy because there were no facings, hems or buttonholes.
Carmel Apples
I made carmel apples for my Primary girls for Halloween. There were also enough for Dad, Brandon and Heather to have one. Two of my girls weren't at church so when our home teachers came that night I sent one home with each of them. They looked yummy but I didn't try them. They were fun to make.
2 comments:
What a fun catch up post. It looks like you all had a wonderful time at Gardner's village. that was a fun time when we all went there a few years back...hard to realize it was that long ago already. The costumes are adorable. You did a great job on them and I am simply amazed taht you can just make up your own pattern like that. The caramel apples look wonderful too. I am sure the girls loved them as well as dad, brandon, and heather.
Your caramel apples look yummy! They turned out great. The kids' costumes are adorable. I like that they are different than the costumes you see on every other child. I had a great time having you here for a visit. I will also think about the times and memories we've made when I go to Gardner's Village! It's become a tradition when we get together :) I appreciate that you will take the time to come out and spend time with us. It's always fun to have you visit.
Post a Comment