In my last post I forgot to add that we were also able to go to the Amish country. The countryside was beautiful with green rolling hills. It was interesting to see the homes and knowing they looked just like any other home on the outside, and knowing there was no electricity inside. It was fun to see the buggies parked in the driveways. You can't help but admire the Amish people for living their religion in this day and age. I imagine that could be very difficult for them.
It was fun seeing the buggies traveling on the same roads as the cars do. While we were there we went into a quilt shop and saw some beautiful quilts that had all been hand made. They sold for about $1200-1500 apiece. I almost bought a pattern for one that I especially liked. It's called the "spinning star" (Jen, are you impressed I didn't have to call and ask you the name?) but after looking a little closer I knew it was way above my skill level. When I showed a picture of it to Terry, (at work) she said she would never attempt making it. I knew then I had made the right decision. Here's a web page that shows the quilt. http://www.amishcountrylanes.com/Pages/hs205.shtml
I also forgot to list a special memory we had with the kids. We were able to be there for the Primary program. It was so nice to listen the Thomas, Spring, Sammy and Mary give their memorized parts so confidently. I love the music and the spirit that the children bring as they testify of Christ. I can honestly say that the Primary program is my favorite Sacrament meeting. I am so glad that we were able to be there for theirs.
2 comments:
I absolutely loved our day in Amish country too. the weather was beautiful and I, too, have a great respect for their desire to live that way. I was so happy you could be there for the primary program. If you weren't there, you would not have seen Mary sitting up there in the front row with her feet completely up in the air!
That's awesome you could be there for the primary program. I am sure the kids loved it. Also, I think it's neat you were able to visit the Amish country. I look forward to seeing that one of the times I go out there.
Post a Comment