
I decided that since I am working at the Quilt Shop I should learn to quilt. So I am making a quilt for our bed. The name of the quilt is Tradwinds. From what I understand there is a story behind the names of each quilt. I have no idea why this one is called Tradwinds and maybe someday I'll see if I can find the answer.
I first made 21/2 inch strips and sewed three strips together than cut the strips into triangles. Then I made 2 1/2 strips again and sewed 2 strips together. These were cut into smaller triangles and sewn to the light colored triangle. Then the two triangles are sewn to make a square. I need 144 squares for my quilt. Four of these squares will be sewn together to make a large square, which will be sewn together to make the pattern. I need 36 of the large squares. I have most of the small ones done. I am making progress but it takes a lot of time. I have really come to admire the amount of work people put into their quilts.
2 comments:
I like the colors! Good luck in making that quilt. I am sure it will look beautiful! way to go!!
thank you so much for posting this picture. It has made it so now I can better visualize what you have been doing and better appreciate the immense amount of work that you are putting into the quilt. I can't wait to see the finished product. I love the colors you chose as well. I'm so excited that you are enjoying this and realizing it wasn't as difficult as you originally thought it would be. You are an inspiration to me at learning something new and working to finish it.
Post a Comment