Sunday, February 13, 2011

Snoqualmie

Last Thursday Dad and I left early and went to Snoqualmie and spent the night there. On our way we stopped at North Bend for breakfast. Dad ordered a Denver Mix. When they brought it to him you should have seen the look on his face. (I wished I had my camera) It was chucks of ham, peppers, potatoes and cheese all mixed together. It was served on a platter and was heaping. He ate about 1/3 of it and has had enough for 2 breakfasts since. We stopped and saw the falls, even though it was a beautiful day with a bright blue sky, the falls were hard to see due to the mist they were creating. The motel had an outdoor heated swimming pool. Even though there was a lot of snow on the ground the pool was opened. Dad was brave enough to get in but I wasn't. He was OK while he was in the water but as he got out, it was pretty cold. He couldn't wait to go inside to the spa. We had a nice relaxing time for a late anniversay get away.

2 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

Mom, I can't believe I totally forgot to ask you about this. I knew you were going but didn't realize the time had already come for you to go. How fun. Even with the mist the pic of the waterfall is beautiful. Dad is sure brave to try out the swimming pool...I can't imagine how cold it was tog et out of if.

Anonymous said...

Was dad the only one brave enough to try the pool? I am glad that the two of you had a good time. I like the picture of the falls with the mist.