Sunday, May 9, 2010

The birds are back!


There's been a nest in the Rhodendrum bush outside the computer room for the last couple years. About a week ago I noticed egg shells on the deck, and sure enough the birds are back. There's a nest of baby Robins. It's been fun watching the Mother bird come and go with worms to feed the babies. Today we could see one of the baby birds peeking up from the nest waiting for the mommy to come back and feed it. It's fun in the morning hearing the birds start to churp bright and early. I wonder if the chirping is coming from the birds in the nest. It's a sign that spring and summer really are coming after the long gray winter. Hopefully you can see the bird in the nest. The mommy bird stays away longer if we are watching to much.

2 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

How fun. The kids would love to see this in person so I am glad you have put it on the blog so they can see it. What a wonderful part of nature to brighten the day and morning! You will have to keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I bet it is fun to hear them chirping in the morning! :) What a fun picture