I was able to go to Utah and spend a few days with Alanna and Kim. I was able to go shopping with Alanna and spent a day in her classroom. I also went to the volleyball games she had on Sat. It was fun to see her teach and coach. I went shopping with Kim and helped her start a quilt made from ties for Matt. I enjoyed being with each of my daughters.
On Thur. Karen flew out and we spent Thur. through Sat. at a motel. We went to "What a Woman Wants." It had all kinds of booths where people were selling things that women would want. We had a really good time looking and shopping. My two favorite booths were where they were selling purses and Happy Feet. The purses are unique in that you buy one purse and the shells of the purse are magnetic, so you can change them. The happy feet are sole inserts that have gel in them. They made my feet feel so good, that may first comment was, "I've died and gone to heaven." Karen bought her and Scott a pair, Kim also bought her some since she's on her feet all day at work. We also went to Ti Pan, shopping. We had a fun time laughing at the purses there and enjoyed looking at the dishes and home decor. We went to the Quilted Bear, where we got ideas for things to make. It was a great time with Karen, Kim and Alanna. It was so nice of Matt and Eric to let their wives spend time away from home to be with me and to let me invade their homes to visit.
3 comments:
I had a lot of fun with you and Karen here visiting! I love these memories that we make. I actually kind of like that necklace that I am holding up...now that I look at it in the picture...
I too love my purse! :) Fun times doing everything "a woman wants." :)
Although this woman isn't so sure she would want all those things that women supposedly want...I do wish i could have been there with all of you. It made me think that it would be fun to get away and come one time to visit with everyone without all the kids. I love spending time with my kids and I love seeing them see all of you and create memories...I just think it would be so fun to do this again one time because there are different memories and different times we could make.
thanks for posting the pics...not so sure about that dress/shirt thing but I would have had fun givng you all a hard time!
We'd love to do it with you being there as well. We missed having you there and many times commented on what you would think. I love being with the kids but would also enjoy time with just you as well.
Mom
Post a Comment