Jen, Joel and the kids were able to come and visit for Spring break. For two weeks before they came the weather was beautiful and warm. That all changed the week they were here. It went from rain, high winds, colder than normal temperature, hail and then to snow. In spite if Mother Nature not knowing it's springtime and giving us spring type weather we had a great time with them here. We did crafts, visited, played games and just enjoyed being together. Kim and Matt arrived on Friday morning. It's been great having them here as well. The kids made their own homemade pizzas one night for dinner and loved it. Sammy wanted to make cookies with just me. So we made oatmeal raisin cookies on Sun. He loved the one on one attention and so did I. The cookies turned out great. Gary took Thomas shooting and they both had a great time. Thomas and Spring went with their Dad and grandpa to play mini golf, where Spring go a hole in one. Jen and I took the kids and went to IKEA shopping. Something we both enjoyed. The kids were able to play in their play area (except for Joshie) so they had fun as well. We played a game of kick ball with the big excerise ball and had fun until it got to cold to be outside. I'm so grateful that they chose to come up for spring break and spend their time with us. We all had a great time and look forward to the next time we can be together.

2 comments:
We loved being there too! I don't even care that the weather was bad. I didn't get pics of them making the pizzas so I am glad you posted them. I liked reading your post because you were a lot more detailed and included things I forgot to include. Thanks for putting up with us for the week...we look forward to coming again.
So fun!! I am glad they were able to go and spend a week with you guys! What fun memories! I can't believe you got snow. I think Spring secretly prayed for it...she has an in with Mother Nature! I love the pictures of the kids making pizzas...looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment