Sunday, May 16, 2010

Up date on birds

There are 3 birds in the nest. There are times when we can see all three of them with their heads up and their mouths open. Now that they are getting a little bigger we can usually only see 2 at a time. They still have some fuzz on the tops of their heads. It won't be long before the Mother bird teaches them to fly. She stays close by and is very protective of them. Yesterday I was in the back yard weeding and the mother bird was sitting on a limb of the pine tree watching me. If I went toward the nest she would fly right toward me. It's been fun watching them. I know the pictures aren't the best but hopefully you can spot the birds in the nest.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome those birds are cute!

Our Biggs Family said...

That is so great! I loved the pictures and Sammy and Mary were enthralled with them. Sammy wanted to go out and build a nest right now so we could have baby birds. I will have to show Spring and thomas tomorrow because thy werent' in the room when we were looking at them earlier.

Anonymous said...

Such cute birds! Bet it was fun to have them there!