Thursday, June 2, 2011
It's been 2 years
I've tried several times today to do this post and haven't been able to. Maybe this time will be different. It's been 2 years since my dear Mother died. I'm so grateful for the lessons she taught me, for all the many hours she dedicated to me, all the sleepless nights she had and for the love she so freely gave me. It's been hard these last two years not being able to call and just talk to her. There's been many times that I would see something or we would go some place that I know she would love to hear about. There's times that the tears flow when I see a white headed woman, a group of Red Hat ladies or somthing else that would remind me of her. I know she's happy and is busy now doing Heavenly Father's work on the other side of the vail. I'm so grateful for the last week that I had with her. Without that week I wouldn't have had the spiritual moments for memories. I can still feel her arm around my shoulder when she gave me my last hug when she was so weak. I remember Karen, Mary Ellen and I coming back into her room that day to relieve Wally and as I walked to her bedside I heard a faint gasp and that was it. It was a bitter sweet moment, knowing she was happy on the otherside of the vail and without pain, but the void she would leave here would be huge. I'm so thankful for the memories I have of her and the times I had to spend with her. She was a great example for me. I'm so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I know I'll see her and Dad again. Mom I love you and I miss you so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I miss her too. I thought of you a lot yesterday and her too. Thank you for your thoughts and memories. It helps me remember her. I think you expressed the bittersweet feelings so well. I am so grateful for you. I know Grandma is proud of the daughter you are to her and the wonderful mother you are to us. You learned very well from her and are blessing our lives in the same way she blessed your's and ours! I love you.
She was on my mind a lot the last two days! Remembering all those sweet moments that we had at the hospital before she passed away. I thought that you really expressed with bittersweet of loosing grandma well in this post. She is truly missed but it's nice to have the comfort and knowledge that she is busy doing the Lord's work right now and we will see her again!
I had a lot of time to think about the plan of salvation this past week. A week ago Wed. we got a phone call from Matt's dad telling us that Betty, Matts step moms mother had passed away. Her funeral was on Wed. I got a chance to talk to Kaylee Matts sister. She was feeling a lot of regrets because the night her grandma died Kaylee had made her upset. Betty was in a lot of pain and Kaylee was giving her a bath and everything she did made betty hurt more. I told Kaylee the same thing you tell me about grandpa. Don't concentrate on the bad remember the good, because that is what they remember. I also miss grandma so much. There isn't a 5 day weekend that comes around that I don't wish I could go up and see her. I cried like a little baby on Fri. when we took flowers up to their grave. We even drove by the house, and Yes the people who bought it are taking great care of it.
It's great we can share these thoughts and memories with each other and have common bonds and love to express to each other. I'm thinking of my mom more, too, and hope I can make the most of the time I have with my dad now. Gary
Post a Comment