
For our yearly girls week, we decided to do the Race for the Cure in Salt Lake in Mom's memory. We convinced Craig to come as well. Shonni and Mckenzie came with Craig too. It was fun being with Karen and my daughters as we prepared for the race and spent time together. I found the glasses at the dollar store several weeks before the event and Karen got us all the flowers we had in our hair. We decided that Craig needed more pink so we got him the pink camo neckerchief. We couldn't leave out Gideon. We bought him a pink onsie and wrote, "save my milk supply," on it. We took Trax to Salt Lake and had a fun time together as we traveled there. This is an amazing experience. There were about 22,000 people who participated. It was an emotional time to see so many who has been affected by breast cancer.
We all dedicated the walk to Mom and felt her presence. It's been a dream of mine to do this walk with my girls and my mom. It's a tradition that we will continue to participate in.
3 comments:
What a great day this was!! I loved that Craig was such a good sport and let us deck him out in pink. It was so fun to be together and do this in honor of grandma!! And it made it even neater that it was on MOther's Day weekend! Thanks for making it a tradition to come out for a girls weekend!
I am so glad I was able to do the race for the cure. I think it will be great to be able to do this here in Cleveland with my family. It will be fun. Hey, maybe that will work out for the time you and dad are here and we could all do it. Who knows!
I'm not sure wehre all the ocmments went but mine did this for a couple posts also. This was such a great time together. I am excietd to do it agian in September here. Wath out dad...we will be better prepared this time!
Post a Comment