Dad had a meeting in Port Angelas this afternoon so we decided that I'd take Thomas and Spring to the Callum County Fair while Dad was at his meeting. They both got to ride a few rides and then we looked at the exhibits. Thomas liked watching the electric train that was set up, until he noticed a place he could build with Legos. He built a vehicle that could go on land, water and even fly. Spring saw the pony rides and I couldn't resist letting her ride one. The look on her face made it worth the $5.00. She was in Heaven when she got to ride Jack. I was surprised that they let her ride for about 5-7 minutes. We looked at all the animals and there were 4 barns full of horses and she had to look at each one. The owner of a minature horse had taken the horse out and let Spring pet it. She talked to the kids about joing 4H to learn about animals and how to care for them. Spring can tell you all about what she said. SHE WAS IN HER GLORY!!!!!
Thomas loved watching a lady shear a sheep. She said normally it only takes her 15 min. to shear one but this was taking longer because she was only going to do half so people could see the sheep with one side where the wool hadn't been sheared and the other side short. He also saw a mother pig that had 14 piglets. The pigs were born on the 11th and he could reach through the pen and touch them. They were really cute.
I asked them if they wanted an elephant ear for a snack. Thomas looked at me kind of weird and said no. I convinced him to see what it was and to try it. As we were all enjoying it I found out that Thomas thought I meant a real elephant ear when I first asked him. We got a chuckle out of that. The fair was small but a lot of fun for the kids. Spring said it waas even better than the ferry ride and Seattle.
2 comments:
That was a fun surprise for them. I loved having them tell us all about it last night on teh phone. Thanks for letting them call. Thank you for making Spring's dream of riding a horse come true. She has been telling us for sometime that she wishes she could ride a horse. I love Thomas' vehicle he built from Legos. I can imagine thomas' look on his face when asked about eating an elephant ear! It is great to hear and see all that they are doing.
SOunds like you guys all had so much fun! I am sure thomas thought the elephant ear was a real ear...that's how his brain thinks. That's funny! I am sure the kids LOVED the animals there. What a fun surprise for the kids. Looks like you guys are all having a great time
Post a Comment