Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Life in a Jar #15

What church callings have you had? Which one did you enjoy the most?
I figured it's way past time that I do another post on My Life in a Jar. I have held callings in every organization except for Sunday School. My favorite is Young Women's and Primary. In YW's I have served in every area except for an advisor. I especially like the Mia-maids. It's an age that if a teenager is going to rebel, they usually do it between 14-16. They are also beginning to realize that they will soon be in control of their lives, they can see that graduation isn't to far off. They start contemplating what they want to do for the rest of their lives. They are to young to drive and date. But boys are very important to them. They have a hard time understanding the importance of rules and that rules really do set you free. They are still eager to try new things and not afraid to have fun.
I have probably served in Primary the most. I think being Primary Pres. was the most fulfilling because it was a time I had to get to know all the children. It was also the most frustrating when teachers just wouldn't show up. I love teaching, especially Sr. Primary. Currently I am a teacher and Activity Day leader. Which I love. I call it watered down YW. The girls love anything we plan and it's fun to see their excitement as they learn something new. I love the things children say and their innocents. I have served as a Cub Scout den leader many times and felt the same way with the boys. It's a lot more fun serving as a den leader to the boys than teaching them in Primary. You can just have fun with them and not have to constantly telling them to be quiet.
In Relief Society I have served as a counselor, Pres. and on the Enrichment committee.
It is the most difficult organization for me to serve in. I feel very inadequate among so many women. The 4 years I served as Pres. were difficult because I could really never make plans because things could change so fast, if a special need would arise. It also made me depend on the Lord because I truly didn't have the answers. One thing I have learned is that no matter where you serve you learn to love those you serve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I probably needed to read this one at ths time! Thanks for posting it. I am sad to not be going in to primary tomorrow where I feel comfortable. This is taking me out of my comfort zone but I also know that my Heavenly Father will help me to make the adjustment and help me learn to love the YW like I love the primary

Our Biggs Family said...

It was so fun to read another post about your life in a jar. I enjoyed reading about your thoughts for each calling you held. I agree, you definately learn to love those you serve.

Kathy M. said...

I thought it was time to drop over here and see your trip photos... and I enjoyed reading this. One thing I know for sure... you've done a great job in every one of your callings and you are a pleasure to work with. :-)