What are your food preferences and how did they come about?
Growing up we ate mostly meat, potatoes and vegetables. Dad didn't like casseroles so we had very few of them. I loved eating fresh vegetables from the garden. There was nothing better than a home grown tomato or cucumber picked right off the vine and eaten with a little salt. (that's something I still miss) Growing up I think my favorite foods were pizza, cream chipped beef on toast and rice. Dad didn't like them and so we didn't have them very often, that's probably why I liked them. I also loved my Dad's homemade soup. He didn't make it very often but took the entire day making it when he did. One of my favorite dished Mom made was Porcupine Meatballs. I have never been able to make them like she could.
Now I like pretty much anything especially if I don't have to cook it. I think either Italian and Mexican foods are my favorite. I like most seafood, especially salmon, shrimp and crab, however I don't like scallops, they are too fishy. When we were in Japan we had dinner the first night I got there at a little place that had the best soup. A lot of the food there I was a little hesitant at trying and some I wouldn't try. Most of what I did eat was OK but I wouldn't necessarily want again.
The food we had in France was all delicious, especially the pastries. (except for the really stinky cheese we brought home with us)
When I was in elementary school one day they served spinach for hot lunch. I tried eating it and gaged. The Principal tried to force me to eat it and since then I have always hated it. Now that I'm older and have tried it fresh I really like it. I have even learned that I like it cooked if it is cooked right and not canned. I still don't like lima beans and liver. They were two things I never made our kids eat. I won't try weird stuff like balut or raw fish.
2 comments:
I don't know why you won't try balut!!??!!?? :)
What was wrong with the cheese we brought home from France? they were all good. I really miss the bread and pastries there though.
Post a Comment