I was assigned to give a talk on being a disciple of Jesus Christ. A disciple of Christ is some one who is learning to think, feel and act as He does. As I read conference talks on this subject I found that to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ requires us to love as He loves. If we truly love Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and our fellowmen with all our heart, soul and mind...all else will fall into place. We will want to keep his commandments and do all that is required to return to live with God again. This is a quote I used that I really think outlines how we can learn to love God and our fellowmen. It's by Marvin J. Ashton.
"Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or criticize each other, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting some one's differences, weakness and shortcomings, having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other."
I love this quote and hopefully it will help me remember to have more charity in my life and learn to love as the Savior loves us. It's a journey and can't be done over night. It is something we have to continually be working on.
2 comments:
Thanks Mom! That's a very good quote...and one that I need to remember too!
I'm sure you did wonderful. Ir elaly like that quote...something I need to consistently remind myself of each day. Thanks for sharing it.
Post a Comment