Monday, September 28, 2009

Beautiful Day at the Temple

Sat. Dad and I went to the temple for our monthly day to work. At the end of the day there were 2 girls who were about 20 years old who came to do baptisms. As I was talking to them I learned that they had come in honor of one of their Grandparents. Her Grandparents were at the temple being sealed. Since neither were endowed, they decided to come and do temple baptisms while the Grandparents were being sealed. They had such a sweet spirit with them. Afterwards I was outside waiting for dad to come out. As I was sitting there I was enjoying the beautiful day, bright blue sky and the beautiful flowers around the temple, when the thought came to me of the peacefullness that the temple offers. I thought how peaceful it was after such an awful week at work. I'm thankful for the time we can spend each month volunteering at the temple. For the peace and the love I feel for my Savior while I'm in the temple.

3 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. I think it is so wonderful that you and dad are able to volunteer and help at the temple. I, too, am grateful for the peace at the temple. It seems it is the only place that we can truly escape all our concerns and troubles. Another evidence of the love our Father in Heaven has for us to give us the opportunity to find that joy and peace while here on the earth.

Heather said...

That sounds so nice to just be able to relax at the temple! That's cool that those girls did baptisms instead of just sitting and waiting.

Anonymous said...

WHat a neat experience! Thanks for sharing it with us! The temple offers a peace that can't be found anywhere else!