PRIESTHOOD: To be ordained by the proper authority to administer in God's name in order to bless His children on the earth and help "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39) is something I need to remind myself of daily so as not to take it for granted. With this blessing comes great responsibility that can't be shirked and I need to live worthily to have the power as well as the authority to bear the Holy Priesthood of God.
FAMILY: To be fortunate enough to have children that are righteous and try to live their life in accordance with God's law and will is something I will always cherish. It's been said that you don't know how well you have done your job as a parent until they raise their own children and they do (most of) what you would do if you were in their situation (at least that's what my parents said).
FRIENDS: Without which I would be very lonely and would tend to wander from one aimless endeavor to another but because I have people I can call and confide in, my life is truly meaningful and I have worthwhile goals to achieve. We are not meant to be left alone here on this earth but to help others get back to our Heavenly home.
LIFE ON EARTH: To be alive at this time of the earth's history is truly remarkable! Prophets and seers have looked forward to this time but we are the ones who are blessed with living in this era.
PROSPERITY: Only a handful of people have been blessed to be born in this land of freedom, liberty and security from the despotic rulers that tend to reign around the world. Thank God for the United States of America!
JESUS CHRIST: Without Him, I couldn't have the peace, joy and love I have for myself and others I know. To be able to serve everyone I know as He would have me do if He were here with me is something I can do to show my love for Him.
There are other blessings I have but these are some of the ones I cherish the most.
2 comments:
Dad,
This was written so beautifully. You really have a way with words. What truly wonderful blessings we have. I have loved reading everyone's posts today regarding the blessings they hold most dear! It is great to have people around me that help me be more grateful and appreciate all we have.
Dad,
It was great to read what you are thankful for! You wrote it so perfectly! There really is a lot to be thankful for!
Post a Comment