Monday, November 10, 2008

French Toast

It's not everyday someone would do a blog about French Toast. Since Dad's French Toast has been a topic of discussion for over 20 years in our family, I decided I'd fill you all in on Dad's latest attempt of making it. Sunday morning Dad informed me he was going to fix French Toast for breakfast. I have to admit I was a bit leary and not sure I even wanted to try it after all the horror stories I had heard. To my surprise it looked good and smelt good, so I was brave and took my first bite. It was actually really good. Dad has redeamed himself! He can now make french toast and plans on making it for everyone next summer. Look what you have to look forward to! I didn't think about taking pictures until after we had eaten. This is proof that his cooking skills are improving.

7 comments:

Powell Family said...

I'm not sure if it counts as proof since there is no picture. Is he also going to make cheeseburger soup?

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! I got some laughs reading this blog! But, with no pictures there is no proof. It could be dad typing this blog, pretending like he's mom! :) ha ha ha.

Powell Family said...

I agree with Heather and Alanna... I require photographic proof. Even if he did have success this time around, I'm not sure that that could ever outweigh the former disasterious results. I'm hesitant to say that any french toast success could veto his former cuisine defeat. But it is good to hear that he's trying.

garysharon said...

O ye of little faith...remember what the scriptures say about being faithless and not having to have proof of everything. DAD

Our Biggs Family said...

This post and the comments just made my day! I laughed reading the post and then reading all the comments I feel like we are all together laughing and just having a good time remembering Dad's french toast! That is one of the greatest things about the blogs...it helps me feel like we are all closer together! Good job trying Dad! I agree with my siblings though...I think we need formal proof in a picture or first hand experience to have it overturn our vote! So, it looks like it is 3-2 in our favor. I am sure Kim will chime in on our behalf as well! Love you and I look forward to seeing the final product next summer!

Anonymous said...

Eric can try it. There ended up being a little left. Not enough for a dinner but enough for him to have a bowl of it...if he chooses to. :)

Matt and kim Cloward said...

I would have to agree with my siblings. We need proof of how good it really was.