Now, that I have been shamed by my daughters and them remembering to show gratitude for their blessings, I better follow suit.
ETERNAL FAMILIES: The knowledge we have of eternal families helps us make more of a commitment to get a long and appreciate each other more. I'm so thankful for Gary and the way he has always supported our family. His honesty and dedication to do what's right. I'm grateful that he is a worthy Priesthood holder and honors it. For being my best friend through thick and thin. For each of my children. For the special qualities that each of them have and share so freely with others. I'm grateful that each of you are worthy members of the gospel and along with your spouses are able to go to the temple and partake of the blessings that come from that. I'm grateful for my sons-in-laws and daughter-in-law. We are so blessed that each of our children have such wonderful spouses that makes my children happy. What more could I ask for? For my Grandchildren and the joy they bring into my life. I have said several times that children can't have too many Grandma's but believe me Grandma's can't have too many Grandchildren either. For the knowledge that I'll see my Dad again and be able to feel his arms around me. For the special lessons in life that my Mom still teaches me. I realize I will never be to old to learn from her.
BEING FREE FROM DEBT: In this economy this is really a blessing. Not having debt really does set you free. I'm grateful that Gary and I both have learned to live within our means even when we had to do without things that the world thought was important.
GOOD HEALTH: The older I get the more I appreciate this.
BLUE SKIES: This is something I always took for granate until after we had lived in WA. for a few years. I'm grateful for the beautiful fall we've had this year. The leaves have been beautiful as they changed color and seemed to stay on the trees for a long time. When there's a blue sky there is no place more beautiful than here. We just have to put up with a lot of dark cloudy days to get them.
MY TESTIMONY AND MEMBERSHIP IN THE CHURCH: It has made me who I am.
I'm thankful for this time of year as we focus on Thanksgiving and then the birth of our Savior. It seems like people are just a little better during the holidays.
3 comments:
Hi, Sharon,
Thank you for posting this! What a great reminder to be thankful for our blessings. Sometimes I forget how truly blessed I am, and how I need to show thanks to the One who provided me with these blessings! Thanks for reminding me! :)
~Joyce
Thanks for the post! It was fun to read your thoughts. I can't wait to see you in December
It has been so neat to read everyone's posts about what they are grateful for. It helps me realize how blessed I am. I think it is so neat to be able to share these thoughts with each other. I loved reading your thoughts and realized once again how truly blessed I am to have you as my mother. You are such an example and inspiration to me. All the blessings you listed are ones that we share as well. I love you, Mom.
Post a Comment