Tuesday, December 4, 2007

WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS

We enjoyed the snow we got on Sat. and Sun. Sunday it snowed all day with the most beautiful huge snow flakes. Around 5:00 it warmed up and the snow turned to rain. It rained hard all night. We got about 6 inches of rain in less than 12 hrs. It continued to rain all day Monday. Our back yard was flooded as were many of the roads. Mike closed the office at 11:30 so we could go home because so many roads were closed. Dad left work early and it took him an hour to get home. This is the worst storm I have seen since we have lived here. Between all that snow melting fast and the huge amount of rain the ground was saturated and the water had no place to go. This morning the rains had stopped and the sky has been kind of blue. It sure makes me appriciate the good weather when we get it. I am thankful for the safety Dad and I both had going and coming home from work. I can see why the Lord has councled us to have a supply of food on hand. I really thought that since we live at the top of a hill we wouldn't be affected much by flooding. This storm changed my mind. If that weather had continued very long I'm sure the grocery stores would have closed and things would have been shut down for a while. Then it wouldn't take long for the shelves to be depleated in a hurry with people having to buy food to get by. I am so thankful for a Prophet who can council us to do the things that Heavenly Father wants.

7 comments:

Powell Family said...

Isn't life in Washington wonderful? Don't you just thrive on the fact that you can get all the moisture you need for the month in only a few hours? Mom, you're soooo blessed.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing the pictures. I agree with the blessing of food storage. I think we take that for granted sometimes because it is something we have always heard of...thanks for the reminder of how important it is for all of us...even when we think we won't need it.

Anonymous said...

Food Storage: that's something I need to work on doing. i'm not so good at buying more than what I need. Thanks for the reminder. I look forward to seeing the pictures and news clippings.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That slide show is cool, how did you do that.

Anonymous said...

Posting the slideshow really isn't that hard, even for me. I just copied and pasted the "embed" stuff. Are you shocked?

Anonymous said...

Thomas and Spring were in awe of the pictures. THey were so worried that the roads would be broken and we wouldn't be able to get there. It actually took a lot of convincing to let them know it would be fine by the time we get there. THEy still keep asking about it at different times though.

Anonymous said...

Good Job mom! I was imprssed that you were able to post that slide show. Those pictures are great. I was showing them to some of the other faculty. They were all concerned about you guys. I told them we live on top of the hill so our house was probably just fine. I am sure it looked like a waterfall-all the water coming down off the hill. How is the Griepentrogs house?