Thursday, December 20, 2007
ENRICHMENT MEETING
I actually went to Enrichment Meeting last night. I was asked to bring my sewing machine and help make stockings for the ALIVE shelder. We sewed 150 stockings and decorated them. It was a great activity and there was a good turn out. The YW helped as well. There were about 8 of us sewing the stockings. We were covered in white from the trim we added for the top of the stockings. Of course I wore black pants so the fuzz really showed up. The other women and YW cut designs and figures out of felt and decorated them. They looked really nice when they were finished. I have to admit, this is one of the best Enrichment Meetings I have gone to. The children will be given the stockings and they will have activites and stations where they will receive little gifts to fill the stockings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a fun activity. I am glad you were able to go and help. I bet the fuzz on the black pants was awesome! I like enrichment activities when there is service involved...meaningful service. We can't wait to get there and be together.
I would have liked to see a picture of you with the fuzz all over your pants! I am sure they were grateful for your sewing skills.
Post a Comment