Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I KNOW IT'S TO GOOD TO BE TRUE
Rumor has it that I have been doing geneology. Actually I had my first lesson on how to start last night. But the story starts long before that. Bro. Miller has ben out home teacher for about 10 years. Almost every month he has tried to encouraged me to do geneology. I thought writting the memories of Grandpa was a good start and I was pretty proud of the fact that we as a family accomplished that. Bro. Miller knowing I needed all the blessings I could get would not let me get away with doing only that. Each month when he comes to visit he would nicely remind me I needed to start geneology. Last month we were talking about it and I made the comment that maybe when I quit work. He tehn reminded me that Dad had given a really good lesson that day in Priesthood on procrasination. He had me! Bro. Griffith our other home teacher is the geneology specialist in the ward and kindly offered to help me get started. He came over last night and showed me how to get started. He told me how he got interested in it and a few experiences he had. I have to say he actually got me kind of excited to start. Now I have to do something before they come home teaching again to show Bro. Miller. Our home teachers are truly a blessing in our lives. We have the greatest ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is awesome!!! I am so glad you made a post of it too. I am glad you enjoyed it and will probably continue to do so. See, it took all those years of Brother Miller planting the seed and then when you were ready you had a different home teacher that was able to teach you and get you started. God's hand is in all we do!!:) I think it is great. I am so impressed and look forward to hearing about all you learn and find!
I am so excited about these webpages because it's just one way for us to share with each other times that we see the Lord's hands in our lives. I am excited that you made a blog too! I am glad you had success last night doing geneology.
You sound just like Brandon. He's just getting started too and it's like he never stops talking about it. He keeps bugging my parents to get him information. Lucky that you've already started or he'd move to bugging you soon enough.
Nice new layout! We are looking forward to more pics that Alanna says are coming!
Post a Comment