Thursday, January 19, 2012
Snow 2012
All week they had forecast snow. By Tuesday afternoon everywhere around us were getting snow but Silverdale was lucky enough to miss out. On Tue. night they said everyone in Northern WA would be hit by Wed. morning. I woke up through the night and saw a skiff of snow and figured that would be all we got. By the time I got up in the morning we had 2-3 inches and it was still snowing. All school districts in Western WA were cancelled except for one by the coast. We were on national news. Because the temptures dropped the roads are covered with a layer of ice and then the snow. Here it is Thur. and it's snowed all day. It was suppose to warm up and change to rain by noon. Dad decided to head out for a while in the Subaru and wasn't too concerned about getting home. Well, after several tries he gave up and parked the car at the bottom of the hill and walked up. It's 3:30 and has finally stopped snowing (after 7 inches). Hopefully things will warm up and we will be able to get the car tomorrow. Once things start to melt they are concerned with flooding. I'm so thankful that we do not live close to a river here. It is pretty, but when it is so difficult and dangerous to get around I'm really glad it usually only lasts a couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks pretty....but also sounds miserable to be out in! Hope you don't go too stir crazy and that it warms up soon...but maybe not too fast so that it doesn't flood.
Wow...that is a lot of snow. It si really pretty too. I didn't realize you had new posts on here until thsi morning so sorry it took so long for me to comment on them. I am sure it is so hard to feel stranded when it snows there. I still think you and dad should have gone out and made snow angels in it!
Post a Comment