Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Christmas
Christmas was real different for us this year. It was the first year that we were alone. None of our Children were able to come home this year. On Christmas Eve we drove around and looked at Christmas lights. Then we came home and watched a movie. At 5:00 am Christmas morning we got a call from Thomas, telling us they were getting the little ones up and we could get on Skype to watch them open presents. It was fun sharing in their excitment so many miles away. A little later Brandon called and we got to watch Isaac open his gifts. We are so thankful that we could be a part of their Christmas's by using Skype. We talked to Alanna and Kim later in the day and was so happy to share in their day as well. We did something we have never done on Christmas before, we went out to dinner. We went to a Christmas Buffet at the Clearwater Casino. We got there 1/2 hr. after it opened and had to wait for over an hr. to get a table. The food was great and we enjoyed out time together.Sunday night Alanna and Eric came over so we could leave bright and early on Monday to head to Jen and Joel's. We left Monday at 6:00am and got there at 11:00pm, driving straight through. We snuck in through the garage and scared Jen. She woke the kids up and we talked to them for a few minutes then back to bed they went. I was surprised they went back to sleep so easily. We had a fun time playing games, visiting and just being together. Tuesday afternoon we exchanged gifts. On Friday night we saw the old year out and the new yeaar in playing games and visitng. On New Years Day the girls went shopping, (mostly just looking) while the guys watched football. Spring has always loved it when I fix her hair with electric curlers. This time Mary didn't want to be left out and loved having her hair done with electric curlers. On Sat. morning Dad and I took Thomas and Saamy to Home Depo to a class they have for children to build something. They made a wooden calendar. It was fun to see their excitment as they worked on it. I was even brave enough to hold the nail while Sammy hammered it in. They were really proud of their projects and were making plans to go again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was so fun to have you all here. It was hard for me to know you were home alone for Christmas and I felt bad that we couldn't make it out this year. We all loved the time together here though. Sammy and Thomas still talk about going to home depot. I keep forgetting to tell you about what Mary says. Whenever I say to her, "You're my girl." She replies, "No, I'm Grandma's girl!"
I hate that Christmas' are changing but I am glad that we are all able to find times to get together and enjoy being with one another! I loved the time we all spent in CA. I love the memories that we make as we enjoy visiting, laughing and playing games.
You guys are so fun. It's a good thing Jen and Joel didn't stash a gun under their pillows. ;-) The story might have a different ending!
Post a Comment