What are you frightened of? Why?
My first response to this question is, "closed in spaces and I have no idea why." I am also afraid of being in public places and not being able to get out if I want to or have to. It may sound funny but I always look for the Exit signs, when I'm some place I am not familiar with.
As I have gotten older some of my fears have to do with the world and how things are changing. I'm not sure I like how the government of our country is going and the leadership scares me. I worry about what the country will be like in 4 years. I worry about what our health care will really be like if the changes the government want do implement actually happen. I worry about the economy and how that makes a difference on the choices we make. We've lived with so much prosperity over my life time that it's hard to accept that just because we would like to sell our house and move to UT, doesn't mean that we will beable to do it. I worry about how things that are wrong are considered ok now and if we don't accept them we are being intolerant. I worry about my Grandchildren and how hard it will be for them to live in the world but not of the world.
Most of my fears now have to do with life in general and how things are changing. We have been counseled that if we are prepared we have no need to fear. So all we can do, is work toward being prepared financially, spiritually, and emotionally in every aspect of our lives.
2 comments:
There are so many things in the world today that we could worry about. I have to remind myself to rely on Heavenly Father and that "If I am prepared, I shall not fear." NOt an easy thing to do all the time though.
I wasn't surprised when I read your first fear. There are some very unfortunate things in the world today...Satan really has lulled away the hearts of so many. Joel and I were just talking this afternoon about how pointless it would all seem without a knowledge of why we are here and where we are going. With that testimony it gives us a reason to carry on and a goal to work toward achieving. How grateful I am that we can start each day with a fresh outlook knowing that "with God nothing is impossible" so despite our fears of the world around us we can and will be victorious if we are on the Lord's side.
Post a Comment