We started the 4th off by meeting with the Corvette club in Kingston for the parade. The parade was suppose to start at noon but didn't start until 1:00 due to having to wait for the ferry to unload. So we were there from 10:00-1:30. It takes a lot longer to get there and wait for the parade to start than the parade itself. It ended up being a beautiful sunny day. Afterwards we stopped by the house to get the Saturn and head to the Ocean. We went to Ilwaco. It's where the Columbia River meets the Pacific Ocean. The nice thing was, Dad made all the reservations and planned the whole thing. After 34 years of marriage I've got him trained almost perfect.
We were driving past Chehalis when we noticed this sign. It is the area that was really effected by the floods we had in Dec. last year.
5 comments:
so you bought pastries instead of oysters! I would make that choice too. :) I am glad you guys had such a fun time.
Mom said that I wouldn't have done that when you were children - having pastries instead of something "nutrious" for lunch. Dad
mom's theory: chocolate and diet coke is the breakfast of champions! :)
It is amazing how high the water was from the flood. The pictures are really pretty. I can imagine how wet you got. That is great you were able to get away like that. So, who won with bowling? When we all went last week with Alanna I got an unbelievable score....total of 16!
That trip sure looks like fun. I bet the lighthouses were neat to see and explore.
Post a Comment