VISITS
- I was so blessed as I was going through cancer treatments that each of my daughters were able to come and visit. Kim came the first part of Oct. to be with me as I started radiation so that Gary could go with Brandon hunting. It was so nice to visit and spend time with her. Kim also helped me sew Joshie's quilt I was making him.
- Alanna was able to come towards the middle of Oct. I enjoyed her visit and her help as well. She helped me by sewing on Thomas' quilt. We were also able to go to the Tacoma Dome for the "Christmas in October" craft faire. Dad and I had tickets for a paddleboat ride on Lake Washington and she was able to be here for that as well. Her and Eric were also here for Christmas.
- Jen was able to bring little Sara in Jan. and spend time with me. We were able to spend time together visiting and shopping. She brought me a hat that Spring had made me. I thought that was so sweet of Spring to think of making me a hat to wear. Jen also helped me finish binding Sammy's quilt. She was able to take them all home so I didn't have to mail them.
- Brandon was here whenever we needed anything. I am very fortunate to have such great children who were able to spend time with me and help me out when I needed it. These visits always gave me something to look forward to.
TRIPS
- At the end of March I flew to UT. and Alanna and I drove to AZ. to spend a few days with Karen and Scott. We had such a good time as we visited, shopped and just spent time together. We went to the play, "South Pacific," with Karen & Scott, had a great massage, experienced the cacti as Karen told us about the different varieties, visit with Kevin, Katy and their children and skyped with Tiffany. The time flew and it was soon time to head back to UT. I was in awe at the beauty of the canyon between Las Vegas and St. George. We stayed at Craig and Sue's that night and had a great visit with them. When we got back to UT., I was able to spend a few days with Kim. We shopped, made beads, played games and just enjoyed our time together.
- Mother's Day weekend brought the Race for the Cure in UT. Gary and I flew down to participate in it. We did it a little different than other years. This year our spouses all joined us in the race as well. It was fun being together spending time together for an important cause. Those who attended were, Gary and I, Karen and Scott, Kim and Matt, Alanna and Eric, Tiffany, Brian and little Teighlor, Craig and Sue, his daughter Shonnie and her 3 children. That afternoon Susie, Deloy and their 2 daughters came to visit with us. It's a time we look forward to every year. Thanks Alanna and Eric for opening up your home to all of us.
2 comments:
I'm glad that we could all come out and visit at different times. Also enjoyed our trip to Arizona and you and dad visiting over Mother's Day!
You are catching up! That is awesome. I loved my visit out in January and love that you were able to go to Arizona and Utah as well. Love ya and miss you.
Post a Comment