Sunday, February 10, 2013

Christmas 2012

Our Christmas moring started about 2:30 am when Spring called to tell us they were awake and we could Skype.  It was fun seeing their excitment and being a part of it.  It was fun watching them go through their stocking and seeing how excited they were with their very own box of cereal.  Since Joshie loves Poptarts he got them instead of cereal.  I don't think he ever put it down.  A letter was written to Sammy from Santa with a picture of the ramp he would be getting.  Santa explained to him that his had been damaged and he would get it the next morning.  I was so impressed with the way Sammy handled it.  He was so excited that he was going to get a ramp that waiting an extra day was fine with him.  It was fun watching as each of the children opened their gifts and to see their excitment.  I'm so glad that Jen and Joel lets us be a special part of their Christmas morning and share this special time with us through Skype.

After going back to bed a getting a few more hours of sleep, Brandon called to invite us there for breakfast and to watch their children open gifts.  We woke up to snow and it was still snowing so it took us a while to get there but was worth the trip.  Isaac and Lydia were excited as they showed us their stockings.  We had a wonderful breakfast then it was time to open gifts.  Again we were blessed to be a part of their excitment as they opened their gifts.  We gave them hugs and kisses as we headed back home to meet Alanna and Eric.  They had been at Eric's parents and were coming here for Christmas dinner.  The snow had turned to rain and it was much easier driving home.

We were able to talk to Kim and wished that her and Matt could have been here as well.  We miss having all our children here but are thankful for them times we can be together and for the ability to call and Skype.

Alanna helped me with dinner and Brandon, Heather and the kids came about 5:00.  As we were eating dinner Isaac looked at me and said, "Grandma, you look like Pirate Jake."  (I had a scarf on instead of a wig)  I laughed and said he was right, then explained to him why.  He was so cute about it.  So now I laugh when I wear a scarf that I'm being Pirate Jake.  After dinner we all opened gifts and visited.  It was the end of a great day.  My only regreat is that I didn't even take any pictures.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

It was a very good Christmas. I am glad that the snow wasn't any worse. It was fun to all be together. Too bad Kim and Jen couldn't be there

Our Biggs Family said...

It was wonderful to have you with us for Christmas morning. We all really appreciate that and know howmuch of a sacrafice it is with the time difference. How grateful I am for modern technology that allows us to share these moments together. I'm glad Alanna, Eric, and Brandon's family could be there to enjoy the day as well. I still chuckle whne our kids watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates because of Isaac's comment.