Thursday, September 6, 2012
Time with Isaac & Lydia
A couple of months ago I planted flowers out front and ever since then Isaac has told me that I didn't let him help me. I guess sometime before I had planted them I had told him he could help me and I forgot. I ended up buying more plants and told Isaac that I needed help planting them. Isaac and Lydia were excited as Brandon dropped them off to help. Lydia made sure I knew that Mommy and Daddy were not staying only her and Isaac were. Isaac pitched right in digging the holes and deciding what flowers to plant where. Lydia wasn't quite so sure about helping when she realized her hands had to get dirty. She was more content to watch and play with her baby. Isaac worked hard digging the holes and planting the flowers. As we were working together he said to me, "Grandma I love spending time with you." Boy did that make my day! After planting for a while the kids decided they needed a break so they sat at the table on the porch and water colored a picture for their Mom. Isaac was painting a picture of the flowers we planted and Lydia painted stars. It wasn't long and Isaac decided we needed to finish planting. So we planted tulip and iris bulbs that will bloom in the spring. This time Lydia wanted to help by putting the bulbs in the holes. By the time we were finished they were hungry and ready for lunch. As I fixed macaroni and cheese they sat at the kitchen table and finger painted. Time flew by and it wasn't long before their Daddy came to pick them up. They were excited to show Brandon their pictures and the flowers they had painted.
I look forward to the times that I can spend with my Grandchildren. I wished they all lived close enough to have them over once in a while to do special projects. The phone calls and letters mean so much to me. Last week one day Spring called just to talk. She spent quite a while telling me all about school, activity days and the books she's been reading. I know life is busy and there's other things that could take up their time but I sure appreciate it when they call to let me know about the everyday events in their lives. Grandchildren are truly a blessing in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your deck and all the flowers look beautiful. I am sure you will love the bulbs that come up in the spring. i love watching bulbs come back to life each year. I am so glad Isaac and Lydia could come and help you. I can imagine Isaac's excitement...it reminds me of how Joshie is when he helps Sue Ann plant flowers. We love you and the kids are all anxious for you to feel better so they can see you again.
I read this a long time ago and forgot to comment! It looks like the kids had fun with you! I am glad that they were able to help you plant the flowers. It looks really nice. Also, thanks for sending me those pictures that they painted for me! It made my day! I kept forgetting to tell you when we would talk!
Post a Comment