Sunday was stake conference and I am so glad I was in attendance. As Pres. Weaver, the Tacoma mission president spoke, he quoted this scripture from: Mark 5:36, Be not afraid, only believe. I don't know if I have ever been touched by a scripture before as I was with this one. All of a sudden I felt like I didn't need to be afraid of the treatment for cancer anymore, I just needed to believe that God is in charge and that I will be taken care of by Him. It was amazing the peace I instantly felt. I know for a fact that it was a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father and an answer to many prayers concerning the fears I had facing chemo and possibly radiation. I know the Lord knows me and is aware of my situtation and he will be with me throughout this difficult time.
I looked up the scripture and found that it was said to the father of the 12 year old girl who had died. He had said his daughter had already died so there was no need to bother Christ any further. As they aproached the home they saw those who were mourning. Christ tells them not to weep that the girl is just sleeping. They laughed at Christ. Christ took the mother and father into where the girl was laying and He took her by her hand ask to her to arise. She arose and walked.
Just as Christ loved this family as he performed a miracle for them. I know He loves my family and we will witness many mircles and tender mercies. I love what we can learn from this scripture, as long as we believe we don't need to be afraid. I think it can apply to many aspects in our lives. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father's love and concern for me. It is humbling to me to know that my prayers were answered in such a simple way, and for the love my Heavenly Father has for me.
3 comments:
What an amazing experience. I love tender mercies like these. Thanks so much for sharing with us as well. I am amazed daily at your strength and your optimism. It helps us all as well. I am grateful for the learning opportunities and testimony strengthening this is giving all of us...wish you didn't ahve to suffer while we all gain these blessings! :) I am amazed at our children daily as not a prayer goes by (morning family prayer before school, mealtime prayers, family prayer at night) that whoever is praying doesn't pray for grandma. Joshie's, I think, are my favorite...he will sometimes say "bless grandma to be strong like superwhy and not be scared." Sammy is very solemn as he often says,"Bless Grandma to feel better and know we love her." Mary goes into detail about which grandma she is praying for, "Bless the grandma with cancer that lives in washington that is my mom's mom to be healthy and brave and strong." It is so cute. Thank you for allowing us to all grow and be as much a part of things as we can even though we are so far away.
Trials seem to bring people together so much more than other life experiences. Thanks for sharing this with us. Dad
THanks for sharing this experience. It is amazing how many tender mercies all of us have seen as we have been praying and fasting for you! It's unfortunate that you have to suffer, I wish there was a way we could learn it without you having to suffer. I am amazed at your optimism. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of each of us and he knows your inner most worries and thoughts. He will be with you throughout your treatment!
Post a Comment