We were able to spend some time with Kim and Alanna for Thanksgiving. We arrived in SLC on Sat. and Dad went to the BYU game with Alanna and Eric. Kim and I were able to spend time together while they were at the game. Matt fixed us a dinner of bagel pizza's for dinner and Eric and Alanna were able to have dinner with us after the game. We stayed with Kim until Mon. night. It was great being there with her and Matt. We were able to go to church with them and spent the evening playing games. On Monday Kim took us on a tour of Nestle. Afterward we went to a late lunch at the Brickoven. YUM! It was nice to see where she works and what she does. Now when she talks to me about work I can picture it. We really enjoyed the tour. Tue. Alanna and I did some shopping as Dad went to the Family History Center. That night we went to dinner at The Texas Roadhouse. YUM! On Tues. Dad went to the FHC again and Alanna and I made pies and the jello salad for Thanksgiving dinner. Matt and Kim came Thur. morning in time for pie for breakfast and we enjoyed making dinner together while the guys watched football. We also made tiles with the cricket and enjoyed crafting together. Dinner was delicious and I'm so thankful for Thanksgiving and the opportunity it gives us to reflect on our many blessings. Friday morning we did our annual Black Friday shopping. We were at Kohls by 2:00 waiting for the 3:00 open time. We also stood in line waiting for Target and Roberts to open. It was cold but fun as we laughed and just spent time together. We were able to save a lot of money by getting up early and braving the cold weather. This is something I enjoy doing with my daughters. I wouldn't go out by myself but it's fun when you have someone to do it with.
Sat. morning we headed back home. We stopped in Snowville for gas. When we were ready to leave the car wouldn't start. After talking to Brandon, Dad bought some jumper cables and we got a jump. Because of the colder weather the battery had been drained and we needed a new one. We stopped at Les Schwab in Boise to get a new one. It took them over 2 hrs. and it was snowing by the time we left. The roads were getting pretty bad as we aproached Ontario, so we decided we would stay there for the night. The roads from Ontario to Pendelton were snow packed and in places black ice. Once we got past Pendelton they were clear and we didn't have any more problems. It was about 6:00 when we got home. We had a great Thanksgiving. The only way it could have been better was if the whole family could have been together.


These are pictures of Kim and Alanna at our hotel room after shopping.
2 comments:
What a great Thanksgiving. No pictures of you napping after Black friday shopping? I'm glad you made it home safe after a great week of visiting.
I am so grateful that you were able to come out for Thanksgiving. We enjoyed having you with us! I am glad that you and dad made it home safely.
Post a Comment