Saturday, November 13, 2010

An attitude of gratitude

November is the month that we are reminded of the many blessings we have in our life that we need to be thankful for. I love Pres. Monson's reminder every so often of having an "attitude of graditude." Some of the things I am thankful for are:
1. A loving Heavenly Father and elder brother, Jesus Christ and my testimony of them.
2. Gary, who has been my eternal sweetheart for 36 years.
3. Our children and their spouses. We have been so blessed that all are active and have spouses who makes them happy and are good members of the church as well. How did we get so lucky?
4. Our grandchildren.....can't wait for more. We can never have to many.
5. Our home and prosperty. So we can visit our children and not worry that we don't have the money.
6. Our good health....we know it won't last forever. But like my Mom used to say, "anytime she could wake up feeling good, it was a great day."
7. The freedoms we have living in this country. The privledge we have to vote and have a say in political matters.
8. My calling teaching primary and as activity day leader.
9. The leaves changing colors in the fall and the beauty it brings before winter sets in.
10. A blue sky.
11. My siblings,
12. My friends and their example to me.
13. A smile from a stranger.
14. A living prophet that helps us know what to do to return to live with our Heavenly Father again.
15. The knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.
16. My memories of my parents...they keep me going through hard times
17. The blogs, and skype that keeps me in touch with children and grandchildren that are far away.
18. Rainbows and waterfalls, two of my favorite parts of nature

These are just a few of the things that I have to be grateful for. I love Thanksgiving as we prepare to spend time with family. (I wished it was so we could all be together but I know that's impossible.) You are all on my mind and in my heart. I have been so blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder of some important things in our lives to be grateful for! We really are truly blessed. I can't wait to see you guys in a week.

Our Biggs Family said...

Thank you for this list. I am thankful for you and for the life you gave me and the things you taught me. I think each day I realize more and more how much you have done for me and how much I have to be thankful to you for. I look forward to skyping with all of you at Thanksgiving. That will be fun!