Monday, December 14, 2009
Primary Christmas Program
I wasn't able to get any pictures, since I was back stage helping the Children and Dad was our lighting crew. We had a practice on Sat. morning that was a disaster. The children were excited and talking and some (2 of my prior boys, bet you can't guess who) even playing video games until they were taken away. I was determined we were only going to practice for an hr. at the end of the hr. I just said to Shannon, pray hard. Well Heavenly Father listened to our prays and they were answered. The children all knew their parts and their cues as to when they were on. They did a great job! One of the ladies who were helping us backstage was telling Elaine Chadwick that if she had seen the practice she would have known a miracle had taken place. I had tears in my eyes at the end, not only because it actually went well and was over but more because of the spirit the children bring to us through their innocence and love for the Savior. Seeing the Nativity performed by children is one of my favorite parts of the Christmas season. The children who were animals were so cute and we had many parents comment on the head bands they wore. It was a way to involve every child. I'm so glad I was able to help the children with this program. You can tell they are so close to our Heavenly Father and they are so eager to please, plus they like to be in the lime light. It was the perfect ending to a great evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like it went well! So happy for you!
I too love seeing the children preform the nativity! they get it!!! :) I am glad that it went so well for you! I bet the kids just love ya!
That is truly a miracle and so great of you to notice that as well...one of the tender mercies we are given. I think we are all able to feel the Spirit a little more closely as we watch children because they are so near to that spirit and so ready to share with all of us. I am so glad your hard work paid off!
Post a Comment