Sunday, October 18, 2009
Visit with Grandpa, Heather & Isaac
We had a fun weekend with visits from Grandpa, Heather and Issac. Grandpa left Friday and drove from Petaluma, CA to Cottage grove, OR, where he spent the night at a motel he and Grandma loved staying at. Then Sat. morning he continued on up to our place. Because it was raining so hard he couldn't see the signs, he headed towards Seattle instead of Bremerton. He eventually stopped and asked for directions and got headed back in the right direction. We enjoyed his visit. He looks good and is doing good but is very lonely. He said several times how he sees things that reminds him of Grandma and he tears up. That's to be expected after so many years together. He said he has 3 shirts hanging in his closet that he won't wear because Grandma ironed them for him. He feels if he wears them he will loose even more of her.
Heather and Isaac came for a long weekend. Her parents wanted her to come so they could get pictures of her, Sara and Rachel (all sisters) since they are all pregnant and due close together. Since it had been raining so hard the quilt shop flooded and they needed Heather's help, so we got to watch Isaac for a few hours. He is such a cute little guy and so content to play and entertain himself with the toys we had for him. He prefers walking over crawling now and gets around really good. He loved playing with the pans in the drawer under the stove. He also loved crawling up the stairs. He has learned to come down them and does good until he decides he wants to be a big boy and walk down them. Luckily he never fell, just scared me a few times. We all went to Olive Garden for dinner then Heather and Isaac went to be with her family and we came home for dessert, (sherbet) then Grandpa headed for his hotel. He didn't sleep to well the night before and was really tired. He left this morning to go visit Curt and Suzanne and will leave in the morning to head back home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Will you e-mail me some of the pictures? My phone won't allow me to view the slideshows. So, I can't see the pick unless I go to the library or you e-mail them to me. Thanks. I'm glad you all had a good time together.
WOW! I am so glad that Grandpa could come and visit. I need to make it a point to call him once in a while. I actualloy wrote him a letter today and will put it in the mail in the next day or two. Looks like you had fun with Isaac too.
I am glad Grandpa could come to visit. I didn't know Heather and Isaac came too. How long did they get to stay?
It was fun to see the new pictures of Isaac. I am still amazed at how much hair he has.
Post a Comment