Describe a trip downtown as a youngster.
As soon as I read this question I knew immediately what I would write about. I was in high school and it was Christmas time. At this time Logan was much different than it is now. The only shopping was on main street. Each year we would all get together and head to Logan to do our shopping. We'd each head in our own separate ways to buy the treasures for the family. This particular year Mom & Mary Ellen were going to pick Karen and I up at school and we were going to go shopping, just the girls. It seemed kind of funny when they picked us up, and low and behold Dad was sitting in the back seat. As soon as Mom parked the car her and Mary Ellen skipped out, leaving Karen and I with Dad. Little did we know what we were getting into. The guys out at the plant had decided to party a bit and Dad had a bit to much to drink. ( which I'm sure wasn't very much, since he really didn't drink). He had come home from work early and insisted on going shopping with us. As Karen and I found out that we were basically babysitting Dad while Mom and Mary Ellen shopped, we were not very happy. I do have to say it was pretty comical and we didn't stay mad to long. Dad didn't even know what a screwdriver was, the tool not the drink. We didn't get much shopping done and we did end up going again another night so we could actually get our shopping done, but I'll never forget shopping with my Dad being drunk. It's the only time I have ever seen him drunk and he was pretty funny at times. Of course he didn't remember anything Karen and I said about what had gone on. It was a time that I decided I never wanted to loose my ability of being in control of my actions due to alcohol. So something good did come from it.
2 comments:
I did not know about this experience! I learned something new!
I don't remember hearing about this either. It was funny to read though.
Post a Comment