Friday, November 16, 2012

End of Radiation

From end of radiation
On my last day of radiation I was pretty anxious to just have it over with. When they were finished the techs waited a couple of minutes before coming in, (it was probably only 30 seconds longer than normally but seemed longer) The table is raised durning radiation so I couldn't get up until they came in. When I was finally able to get up they had a certificate and a pink balloon for me. The 2 girls that were there most of the time with me and my favorite techs, were there. They congradulated me for finishing radiation. I thanked them for being so kind and helpful and they informed me that I had made their morning because of always being happy when I got there. They made me feel so good as they asked for a hug and wished me well throughout the rest of my treatment. I had to see the Dr. beofre I left and the nurse told me that I was probably the most postitve person that he had seen coming for radiation. He told me that he knew I had some bad days but never let it show. As I would go into the radiation room there was a saying on the wall that said, "You can't direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails."< That is a motto I have decided to live by. We are all given trials in life that we would rather not have. We can't change the trials but we can decide on how we will face those trials. I am trying to be positive through this trial. I know there have been and will be more times when my attitude might not be as positive as I hope but I'm trying. I know the Lord has blessed me with others in my life to help me accomplish it. When we got the mail there was an envelope full of sweet letters and pictures from Jen, Joel and their family. I was touched as I read each card and was impressed that Mary chose to do that for the activity for FHE. Thanks Mary for writting letters to me as the activity. I felt so loved and cared for. A little later that evening Brandon stopped by with flowers from all you kids. I again felt loved and cared for as I finished that part of the treatment. I loved the calls, texts as well. Thanks so much for being there for me. I love you all.

2 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

Im so glad you are done with this portion of your treatment. I am sure it is nice to not have that daily appointment. I am also so grateful for wonderful techs and people to help you and make this experience as enjoyable as possible. I am continually impressed with your optimism and strength. It's OK to have rough days though and we hope to be able to bring a little ray of brightness on those days. We love you and appreciate you letting us bea part of this with you. We only wish we could do more!

Alanna said...

Mom, I am not sure how I missed this post. I am so glad that you are done with this step of the treatment. I know it got hard to go the last little bit. I am continually impressed with your optimism during your treatments. Watching how you handle it has been an example to me. I love you and wish so ad I could be there with you every step of the way!!