It has been a while since I did a new post. So this post is just random events that we've had the past few months.
Then end of Feb. I was able to fly to Jen and Joel's for a visit. It is so much easier to surprise the kids that I'm coming so Jen doesn't have to hear from the younger kids, "when's Grandma coming" every day. Sammy decided that they were going to airport to look at planes and he told the kids to look out their window and watch the planes. All of a sudden I hear Joshie yell, "It's Grandma." All the way home the kids were chatty and excited to tell me all about the things they had been doing. Thomas and Spring were able to go to a friends house after school and we picked them up from there. Spring answered the door and was speechless and just stared at me for the longest time. Finally Thomas came and saw me and when he said "Grandma," it caused Spring to respond. It was pretty funny. I was able to spend special time with each one of them which is always fun. I loved going to band practice with Thomas. I am very impressed with the band program. I had lunch with Spring and got to work in her classroom. Sammy and I went shopping together. They younger three had special one on one with me at their house. At first Gideon would turn his head everytime I would talk to him. It didn't take him long to warm up to me. It was a fun week and I always look forward to the time I can spend with them. Jen and I had time to visit as well as she helped me with Alanna's Christmas gift. (yes, I'm already starting) The time went way to fast and I was on the plane heading home.
I've tried to have Isaac and Lydia over one at a time. I was able to take Isaac for a hair cut, let him fingerpaint and then he made a butterfly wall hanging for his Mom for Mother's Day. When I had Lydia we made cookies and she she made her butterfly for her Mom. They each know they get a turn and look forward to their special time with me. At one visit Isaac said to me,"Grandma I love spending time with you." That made my day. I love spending time with each of my grandchildren.
Alanna and Eric were able to come up for a fast visit in March when Eric's brother got married. We picked them up from the airport on Fri. then went to lunch. Brandon and Heather came to visit with them. We all went to Blueberry for frozen yougart before I had to take them to meet Eric's parents. It was a short but fun visit.
4 comments:
It looks like you have too much fun WITHOUT me. I'm jealous! Gary
Fun post to read of your happenings the last couple months. That is so fun taht you can also take Lydia and Isaac on special one on one times as well. I am so glad you always did that with us as we were growing up and helped me learn the value of it for our children as well. Your grandkids are sure blessed.
I'm still waiting for you to tell me what my Christmas gift is!!! :) Fun to see the pictures of you with all the kids! :)
I know what it is...how much is it worth to you?
Post a Comment