Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Reflecting over the past year
It was one year ago on June 2nd. that Mom passed away. In a lot of ways it's been a difficult year for me. I have missed her so much. There have been many days that I have just wanted to pick up the phone and call her. How I wished I could hear her "chipper hello" just one more time. There are so many things that will trigger a memory of her and then the tears come. Every time I see a group of Red Hat ladies, a white haired lady, or even going to Ikea and thinking about how much Mom enjoyed going there to just look. People say that time heals the hurt but I'm really not sure that's true. I am just grateful for the relationship I had with her and the times we spent together. She has taught me that no matter how old I get I still need my Mother. I have learned to enjoy the little things in life a little bit more. To treasure the times I have with my family and to remind them how important family really is. She was so happy to have all her children there with her at the end and so proud of each of us. I think that is a dream of every Mother. I look forward to the day I will see her and Dad again. But for now I'll cherish the memories and try to pass on the lessons I have learned from her, so her legacy can live on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It doesn't seem a year could have passed in some ways and yet in other ways it does. I miss her too. I feel for you and wish we could help but I know there is something about your bond with your mom that never stops and nobody else can take the place of. thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories of grandma. Her legacy is and will continue to live on through you. We are so blessed for that.
Thanks for writing your thoughts. She was in my thoughts a lot last week. I remember all summer last summr when I was training for my race that there were many times as I was running that I would be thinking about Grandma. I had "chats" with grandma in my head when I wanted to stop and walk. She would tell me to keep going! :) I can't imagine the void you have! It is so true that one never gets to old to need their mom! I love you!!!
Post a Comment